Charter school teacher accused of sex with student
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A charter school teacher is being investigated for a possible sexual relationship with a student.
The allegations involve a high school student and a teacher at KIPP Sunnyside High School. School officials say they have conducted an internal review and notified police, who began an investigation of their own. A report was filed with Texas Child Protective Services as well.
The teacher, who has not been publicly identified, has been placed on administrative leave.
School officials say they've been in communication with the student's parents, and are cooperating with the police investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 17 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 53 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers 35 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin