Search continues for second teen suspect in deadly shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A reward is being offered for information that helps Fort Bend County detectives find a second suspect wanted in connection to the fatal shooting of a 20-year-old in a Richmond-area neighborhood.
Detectives have already arrested and filed a murder charge against 17-year-old Brandon Lacour in connection to the deadly Thursday night shooting. But according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office, detectives are still searching for the suspect who actually pulled the trigger, killing George Harold Kemp Jr.
Detectives say Kemp and at least two other witnesses drove to the Lakemont subdivision, where Lacour lives, to confront him over a personal matter. Kemp called Lacour and challenged the 17-year-old to a fight in the 7500 block of Rosepath Lane.
Lacour showed up with several other people, one of whom was armed. During the confrontation, witnesses told deputies that Lacour ordered the armed suspect to shoot Kemp. Kemp was shot and killed.
Detectives say they later spotted Lacour's vehicle on Lakemont Drive and arrested him. He is being held at the Fort Bend County Jail until a judge decides his bond on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the search for the second suspect continues. He is described as a black male, 17 to 19 years old. He is approximately 5 feet, 7 inches tall, and weighs about 150 pounds and has dark skin. He was last seen wearing a red bandana around his neck, and had on a dark blue or black shirt with baggy blue pants.
Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspect involved could earn a reward of up to $5,000. Call Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS (8477) or text plus the tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online at www.fortbend-tx-crimestoppers.org.
All calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale