Young Conroe cancer survivor selected for dream trip to Bahamas
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe girl who has fought to survive her whole life is having a big wish come true. It's all possible due to an ice cream company and the Make A Wish Foundation.
Stephanie Wade and her family and friends played games and ate lots of ice cream Friday night at Dave & Busters. They are celebrating the news that Stephanie's dream of going to the Bahamas is becoming a reality.
"I think that it would be a very good place for me to go and just have fun with my mom and my dad," Stephanie said.
This is great news for Stephanie who recently underwent a double lung transplant to replace her lungs damaged by childhood cancer.
"The effects of the chemo and radiation, it damaged her lungs beyond repair at that time," mother Tammie Wade said.
Stephanie's wish is coming true thanks to the Make A Wish Foundation and Blue Bunny ice cream. The Iowa Company is celebrating its 100th birthday by granting wishes for 100 sick children.
"These people have done something very good for me, and I'm just so happy and lucky and blessed to have them do something so amazing for me," Stephanie said.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
conroe, local, ilona carson
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course