Young Conroe cancer survivor selected for dream trip to Bahamas
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe girl who has fought to survive her whole life is having a big wish come true. It's all possible due to an ice cream company and the Make A Wish Foundation.
Stephanie Wade and her family and friends played games and ate lots of ice cream Friday night at Dave & Busters. They are celebrating the news that Stephanie's dream of going to the Bahamas is becoming a reality.
"I think that it would be a very good place for me to go and just have fun with my mom and my dad," Stephanie said.
This is great news for Stephanie who recently underwent a double lung transplant to replace her lungs damaged by childhood cancer.
"The effects of the chemo and radiation, it damaged her lungs beyond repair at that time," mother Tammie Wade said.
Stephanie's wish is coming true thanks to the Make A Wish Foundation and Blue Bunny ice cream. The Iowa Company is celebrating its 100th birthday by granting wishes for 100 sick children.
"These people have done something very good for me, and I'm just so happy and lucky and blessed to have them do something so amazing for me," Stephanie said.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
conroe, local, ilona carson
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 54 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Drunk man demanded bed to sleep
- Woman found living with dead spouse for month
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school 45 min ago
- 'We are burying a body,' suspects tell police