Fender bender in W. Houston leads to fatal shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new details in a deadly shooting that happened Saturday afternoon in west Harris County. Police say the suspect is still at large.
It happened on Fry Road near Younglake Boulevard, which is just north of I-10. Witnesses say the victim and the gunman got into a confrontation in the middle of the road.
The victim, an 18-year-old male, was fatally shot.
"At some point, the suspect was outside the vehicle and the victim was in the vehicle," said Sgt. Greg Pinkins with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "So it was a back and forth type of situation."
"He was parked right here outside the Charlie's Food Mart, but he was walking that angle from the black truck, taking his shirt off like he was going to fight and all of a sudden, he jumps on the truck and goes all the way around the parking lot, got right behind him," witness Alfredo Vizcarra reported.
The men drove away from the food mart's security cameras and pulled up into a busy intersection. That's when witnesses heard gunshots.
"I saw people running towards the light," said witness Ralph Lasker. "Then I saw the guy from the pawn shop, pulling a guy out of the truck and laying him down there on the ground."
The suspect, who investigators say was driving a black F-150, was long gone and remains on the run. He's described as a heavy-set Hispanic or white male.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos