Fender bender in W. Houston leads to fatal shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new details in a deadly shooting that happened Saturday afternoon in west Harris County. Police say the suspect is still at large.
It happened on Fry Road near Younglake Boulevard, which is just north of I-10. Witnesses say the victim and the gunman got into a confrontation in the middle of the road.
The victim, an 18-year-old male, was fatally shot.
"At some point, the suspect was outside the vehicle and the victim was in the vehicle," said Sgt. Greg Pinkins with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "So it was a back and forth type of situation."
"He was parked right here outside the Charlie's Food Mart, but he was walking that angle from the black truck, taking his shirt off like he was going to fight and all of a sudden, he jumps on the truck and goes all the way around the parking lot, got right behind him," witness Alfredo Vizcarra reported.
The men drove away from the food mart's security cameras and pulled up into a busy intersection. That's when witnesses heard gunshots.
"I saw people running towards the light," said witness Ralph Lasker. "Then I saw the guy from the pawn shop, pulling a guy out of the truck and laying him down there on the ground."
The suspect, who investigators say was driving a black F-150, was long gone and remains on the run. He's described as a heavy-set Hispanic or white male.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 46 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 27 min ago
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects 17 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret