Fender bender in W. Houston leads to fatal shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new details in a deadly shooting that happened Saturday afternoon in west Harris County. Police say the suspect is still at large.
It happened on Fry Road near Younglake Boulevard, which is just north of I-10. Witnesses say the victim and the gunman got into a confrontation in the middle of the road.
The victim, an 18-year-old male, was fatally shot.
"At some point, the suspect was outside the vehicle and the victim was in the vehicle," said Sgt. Greg Pinkins with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "So it was a back and forth type of situation."
"He was parked right here outside the Charlie's Food Mart, but he was walking that angle from the black truck, taking his shirt off like he was going to fight and all of a sudden, he jumps on the truck and goes all the way around the parking lot, got right behind him," witness Alfredo Vizcarra reported.
The men drove away from the food mart's security cameras and pulled up into a busy intersection. That's when witnesses heard gunshots.
"I saw people running towards the light," said witness Ralph Lasker. "Then I saw the guy from the pawn shop, pulling a guy out of the truck and laying him down there on the ground."
The suspect, who investigators say was driving a black F-150, was long gone and remains on the run. He's described as a heavy-set Hispanic or white male.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus 56 min ago
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Local missionaries hurt in rollover wreck in Africa
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch 40 min ago
- Beyonce's holiday surprise 17 min ago
- McDonald's employee injured during attempted robbery
- Free Stuff Friday: Holiday happenings this weekend
- Woman walking dog near Montrose sexually assaulted
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast
- Multiple people stabbed after Denver football game
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?