SUV driver slams into north Houston church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver apparently fell asleep behind the wheel Saturday when he crashed his SUV into a north Houston church.
The vehicle smashed through the front doors of St. Stephen Baptist Church on Little York. The impact knocked out part of a brick wall and damaged the lobby of the main sanctuary.
No one was inside at the time.
The driver suffered minor injuries and was arrested at the scene. Police believe he was driving drunk when he fell asleep and lost control of the vehicle.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive