SUV driver slams into north Houston church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver apparently fell asleep behind the wheel Saturday when he crashed his SUV into a north Houston church.
The vehicle smashed through the front doors of St. Stephen Baptist Church on Little York. The impact knocked out part of a brick wall and damaged the lobby of the main sanctuary.
No one was inside at the time.
The driver suffered minor injuries and was arrested at the scene. Police believe he was driving drunk when he fell asleep and lost control of the vehicle.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Search expands for missing Rice U student 26 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods 41 min ago
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing