SUV driver slams into north Houston church
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver apparently fell asleep behind the wheel Saturday when he crashed his SUV into a north Houston church.
The vehicle smashed through the front doors of St. Stephen Baptist Church on Little York. The impact knocked out part of a brick wall and damaged the lobby of the main sanctuary.
No one was inside at the time.
The driver suffered minor injuries and was arrested at the scene. Police believe he was driving drunk when he fell asleep and lost control of the vehicle.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges 55 min ago
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire