Body discovered in burned car in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are trying to learn what they can about a dead body found in a burned car in an office building parking garage in northwest Houston.
A passerby saw smoke at around 4:30am and reported the burning car on NW Central Drive at Tidwell, but there's not much information for detectives to go on just yet.
"The fire department arrived, they saw the car was on fire and was pretty badly burned," said M. Stahlin with HPD Homicide. "During the process of putting out the fire, they saw what appeared to be a body in the back seat."
The body is too badly burned to determine the victim's age, or even gender. Authorities don't know if the victim was dead before the fire or not. The vehicle is burned beyond recognition as well, with no clue to the make, model or license plate number.
Homicide detectives are hoping to review surveillance footage from surrounding buildings in an effort to learn more.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail