Body discovered in burned car in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are trying to learn what they can about a dead body found in a burned car in an office building parking garage in northwest Houston.
A passerby saw smoke at around 4:30am and reported the burning car on NW Central Drive at Tidwell, but there's not much information for detectives to go on just yet.
"The fire department arrived, they saw the car was on fire and was pretty badly burned," said M. Stahlin with HPD Homicide. "During the process of putting out the fire, they saw what appeared to be a body in the back seat."
The body is too badly burned to determine the victim's age, or even gender. Authorities don't know if the victim was dead before the fire or not. The vehicle is burned beyond recognition as well, with no clue to the make, model or license plate number.
Homicide detectives are hoping to review surveillance footage from surrounding buildings in an effort to learn more.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 45 min ago
- HISD to decide fate of 2 schools at risk of closure
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live chat about blood donations
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 6 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers 40 min ago
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home