Sushi restaurant fire sparks evacuation
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A restaurant fire forced authorities to evacuate a busy strip center overnight. Firefighters were called out to MF Sushi on Westheimer near Fountainview around 1am Sunday.
There was smoke coming from the building. Firefighters eventually discovered the source of the fire in the kitchen.
The restaurant was closed at the time but neighboring businesses were still open. Those businesses were evacuated.
About 140 firefighters responded to the fire. No one was hurt.
The cause of the fire remans under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle