Sushi restaurant fire sparks evacuation
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A restaurant fire forced authorities to evacuate a busy strip center overnight. Firefighters were called out to MF Sushi on Westheimer near Fountainview around 1am Sunday.
There was smoke coming from the building. Firefighters eventually discovered the source of the fire in the kitchen.
The restaurant was closed at the time but neighboring businesses were still open. Those businesses were evacuated.
About 140 firefighters responded to the fire. No one was hurt.
The cause of the fire remans under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Do you know this fake cop rapist? 58 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket 43 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion 54 min ago
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat