Three years later, HCSO classifies missing Spring teen's disappearance as cold case
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- It's been more than three years since Ali Lowitzer went missing, but her mother is not giving up hope of finding her. The teen's mom is using social media to continue to search for her daughter.
Jo Ann Lowitzer hasn't seen her daughter, Ali, since April 26, 2010. The images of Ali were recorded on the school bus that day. It's just a two-minute walk from her family's home in Spring, but Ali never made it home, never made it to work that night.
"It was at that point that we realized something was wrong. It's just not right for Ali to be gone and not let anybody know that she's going somewhere with somebody," her father, John Lowitzer, said.
Her clothes, makeup, cash and cell phone charger were all left behind. Three years later, Harris County sheriff investigators have officially taken on her disappearance as a cold case, and Ali's mother, Jo Ann Lowitzer, keeps pushing to find her using social media.
"We're able to reach thousands of people not only through Facebook but on Twitter," she said.
On a Facebook page called "Hope for Ali" and through her Twitter account, she writes to Ali and to those who're helping in the continued search. Years of looking for her daughter have not turned up any solid leads.
"This is the part that gets hard, because it's not good what you think. When your child is missing, and you think that somebody took them, the thoughts that go through your head are not good," Jo Ann said.
But she pushes those thoughts aside and gains strength from the renewed effort to find Ali.
"People don't just disappear off the face of the earth," John said. "That's our daughter, and she belongs here. We have the right to know where she's at what's happened to her. We just ask for that one person to step up and do the right thing."
Please call the police or the Laura Recovery Center at 281-482-5723 if you have any information.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, elissa rivas
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded 7 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 17 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 56 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse