Officials release details of injuries suffered by HFD firefighters killed in motel fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're learning more about how four Houston fire fighters died in that deadly motel fire back in May, and these are some tough details to share.
The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences says the manner of all four deaths remains "undetermined," but it's still unclear how that fire at the Southwest Inn started.
But here's what we've learned: Investigators say Robert Garner and Anne Sullivan died after being pinned under something and became unable to breathe. They say Garner also had head trauma.
Matthew Renaud and Robert Bebee both died from breathing in smoke. Bebee also suffered severe burns.
Investigators say it could be April 2014 before we learn the exact cause of the fire itself.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, ilona carson
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 12 min ago
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels 1 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 18 min ago
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'