Huffman ISD school bus involved in accident in northeast Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A school bus driver was pinned briefly after the bus he was driving ran off the road and into a ditch.
The accident happened around 6:30am on FM 2100 at Indian Shores.
Authorities say the Huffman ISD bus driver was getting complaints about the air conditioning. When he reached down to adjust it, the front tire of the bus dropped into a ditch. The driver lost control and the bus hit a tree.
Crews worked quickly to remove the driver, who was pinned in the wreckage. He was walking around at the scene but was transported by ambulance to Kingwood Hospital to be checked out.
According to the school district, there were about 20 kids on the bus at the time of the accident, some of them attending Huffman Middle School and Hargrave High School.
We're told witnesses helped the students out of the back of the bus to the emergency exit. No students were injured. They were released to their parents.
Deputies investigating the wreck, say they are looking into how fast the bus was traveling at the time of this accident.
FM 2100 was blocked in both directions for several hours due to the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 14 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 11 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 42 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 49 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game 58 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store