Huffman ISD school bus involved in accident in northeast Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A school bus driver was pinned briefly after the bus he was driving ran off the road and into a ditch.
The accident happened around 6:30am on FM 2100 at Indian Shores.
Authorities say the Huffman ISD bus driver was getting complaints about the air conditioning. When he reached down to adjust it, the front tire of the bus dropped into a ditch. The driver lost control and the bus hit a tree.
Crews worked quickly to remove the driver, who was pinned in the wreckage. He was walking around at the scene but was transported by ambulance to Kingwood Hospital to be checked out.
According to the school district, there were about 20 kids on the bus at the time of the accident, some of them attending Huffman Middle School and Hargrave High School.
We're told witnesses helped the students out of the back of the bus to the emergency exit. No students were injured. They were released to their parents.
Deputies investigating the wreck, say they are looking into how fast the bus was traveling at the time of this accident.
FM 2100 was blocked in both directions for several hours due to the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush 28 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished 39 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- David Tillman's weather forecast
47 min ago