Huffman ISD school bus involved in accident in northeast Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A school bus driver was pinned briefly after the bus he was driving ran off the road and into a ditch.
The accident happened around 6:30am on FM 2100 at Indian Shores.
Authorities say the Huffman ISD bus driver was getting complaints about the air conditioning. When he reached down to adjust it, the front tire of the bus dropped into a ditch. The driver lost control and the bus hit a tree.
Crews worked quickly to remove the driver, who was pinned in the wreckage. He was walking around at the scene but was transported by ambulance to Kingwood Hospital to be checked out.
According to the school district, there were about 20 kids on the bus at the time of the accident, some of them attending Huffman Middle School and Hargrave High School.
We're told witnesses helped the students out of the back of the bus to the emergency exit. No students were injured. They were released to their parents.
Deputies investigating the wreck, say they are looking into how fast the bus was traveling at the time of this accident.
FM 2100 was blocked in both directions for several hours due to the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Do you know this fake cop rapist? 29 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink 42 min ago
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket 14 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion 25 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations