Huffman ISD school bus involved in accident in northeast Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A school bus driver was pinned briefly after the bus he was driving ran off the road and into a ditch.
The accident happened around 6:30am on FM 2100 at Indian Shores.
Authorities say the Huffman ISD bus driver was getting complaints about the air conditioning. When he reached down to adjust it, the front tire of the bus dropped into a ditch. The driver lost control and the bus hit a tree.
Crews worked quickly to remove the driver, who was pinned in the wreckage. He was walking around at the scene but was transported by ambulance to Kingwood Hospital to be checked out.
According to the school district, there were about 20 kids on the bus at the time of the accident, some of them attending Huffman Middle School and Hargrave High School.
We're told witnesses helped the students out of the back of the bus to the emergency exit. No students were injured. They were released to their parents.
Deputies investigating the wreck, say they are looking into how fast the bus was traveling at the time of this accident.
FM 2100 was blocked in both directions for several hours due to the investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 30 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?' 4 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 33 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing 43 min ago
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 13 min ago
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen 22 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words 5 min ago
- CVS could face millions in fines for missing painkillers 28 min ago