Police: Man shoots neighbor during argument over $4
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators say an argument over $4 between two neighbors in northeast Houston escalated to a shooting.
It happened just before 5pm at the Legacy Apartments on Lockwood near Collingsworth.
Investigators say two neighbors got into an argument over $4.
At one point, the suspect, a 50-year-old man, went to his second-floor apartment, got a gun and went back downstairs and shot the victim in the chest.
The victim was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital but is expected to survive.
Meanwhile, police dogs are searching the area for a gun, and officers are awaiting a search warrant to go into the home.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom 6 min ago
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders