Astronaut Karen Nyberg makes dinosaur for son
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An astronaut at the International Space Station is showing her crafty side.
Karen Nyberg made a dinosaur for her son and posted a picture of it earlier this week on her Pinterest account before NASA shut down astronauts' social media accounts.
Nyberg uses her spare time on the space station to quilt and sew projects like the dinosaur for her three-year-old son.
Because NASA is closed because of the government shutdown, the delivery of a 3D printer, and the legs for a robonaut that were supposed to be delivered on the next SpaceX launch may be delayed.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program