Three killed in wild outdoor shooting in NW Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Three people have been killed in a wild shooting scene in northwest Harris County, and investigators are still working to piece together just what happened.
Investigators with the Harris County Sheriff's Office found the bodies of three people in front of houses at Briarchase Drive and Torrey Forest Drive just before 10am. They say evidence from the scene indicates the victims had been armed with pistols and and at least two had been riding in a white Ford Mustang that contained a bag of marijuana.
Two bodies were in the Mustang, which had crashed into a house in the 14300 block of Torrey Forest Dr. Deputies say a pistol and the marijuana was in the car.
The body of the third man was found next to a pistol in the parking lot of the Torrey Pines Recreation Center just down the street.
Deputy Thomas Gilliland with the Harris County Sheriff's Office said, "Weapons have been found at both locations. It is too early to speculate as far as what happened."
Authorities say the three victims are believed to have been the only shooters. No suspects are being sought in the case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 28 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded 56 min ago
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 6 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone 34 min ago
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers