Three killed in wild outdoor shooting in NW Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Three people have been killed in a wild shooting scene in northwest Harris County, and investigators are still working to piece together just what happened.
Investigators with the Harris County Sheriff's Office found the bodies of three people in front of houses at Briarchase Drive and Torrey Forest Drive just before 10am. They say evidence from the scene indicates the victims had been armed with pistols and and at least two had been riding in a white Ford Mustang that contained a bag of marijuana.
Two bodies were in the Mustang, which had crashed into a house in the 14300 block of Torrey Forest Dr. Deputies say a pistol and the marijuana was in the car.
The body of the third man was found next to a pistol in the parking lot of the Torrey Pines Recreation Center just down the street.
Deputy Thomas Gilliland with the Harris County Sheriff's Office said, "Weapons have been found at both locations. It is too early to speculate as far as what happened."
Authorities say the three victims are believed to have been the only shooters. No suspects are being sought in the case.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well 27 min ago
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 11 min ago
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms 13 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal