Girl, grandmother hit by car outside SW Houston elementary school
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A young child and her grandmother were hospitalized after being hit by a car on the way to school Bush Elementary in southwest Houston.
Alief ISD tells us a grandmother and a female student were headed to Bush Elementary School just before 8am, and crossed the street at "unauthorized" spot, outside of the crosswalks.
The two were hit by a car, and taken to the hospital. The girl has been treated and released from the hospital, and went to see her grandmother, who was being checked out at Ben Taub Hospital. We're told by the school district that the grandmother's injuries don't appear to be life-threatening.
HPD does not have any word on charges against the driver, but since the district tells us the pair crossed at an unauthorized spot, this may simply have been an accident. They remind all drivers and pedestrians to pay extra attention near schools.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, elissa rivas
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 42 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida 5 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- David Tillman's weather forecast
37 min ago