Girl, grandmother hit by car outside SW Houston elementary school
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A young child and her grandmother were hospitalized after being hit by a car on the way to school Bush Elementary in southwest Houston.
Alief ISD tells us a grandmother and a female student were headed to Bush Elementary School just before 8am, and crossed the street at "unauthorized" spot, outside of the crosswalks.
The two were hit by a car, and taken to the hospital. The girl has been treated and released from the hospital, and went to see her grandmother, who was being checked out at Ben Taub Hospital. We're told by the school district that the grandmother's injuries don't appear to be life-threatening.
HPD does not have any word on charges against the driver, but since the district tells us the pair crossed at an unauthorized spot, this may simply have been an accident. They remind all drivers and pedestrians to pay extra attention near schools.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, elissa rivas
- Man shot outside restaurant drives family to safety
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Constable: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Chase restricts cards affected by Target breach
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Katy blows late lead, falls to Cedar Hill in title game 18 min ago
- Allen tops Pearland 63-28, defends 5A D-I title 18 min ago
- Aledo beats Brenham 38-10 for 4th title in 5 years 17 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer