Two arrested in apparent road rage incident outside school
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- What may have been a case of road rage has now landed two people behind bars. The adults got into altercation outside of a local middle school.
It all happened in front of Fondren Middle School Friday morning. A truck driver is in police custody, along with the woman he was apparently going after.
The incident began at around 8:30am. According to police, the driver of an 18-wheeler veered in order to block in a woman driving eastbound on Braeswood, right in front of Fondren Middle School. The truck driver then got out with a baseball bat and started to approach the woman's car.
At that point, Houston ISD police officers who were standing nearby intervened and took the man into custody before he could get near the woman. That woman was also later taken into custody by Houston police on outstanding warrants.
The truck, according to the lettering on the side, belongs to a Louisiana-based company.
It's not clear what led up to the incident. Police are handling the situation as a case of road rage.
Houston ISD officials say students were in class at the time and at no point were they in any danger. The school was not put on lockdown, and classes and students were not impacted.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 5 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus 9 min ago
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas 35 min ago
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- 5 Things to Know for Today 6 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Move over emerald, a new color will take over next year
- David Tillman's midday weather forecast
7 min ago