Food truck owner shot in northwest Harris County; Suspects at large
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Harris County Sheriff's Office is investigating after the owner of a mobile taqueria was shot to death Saturday during a robbery in northwest Harris County.
It happened just before 3:30pm in a gas station parking lot in the 8100 block of Fairbanks North Houston Road.
According to HCSO Homicide detectives, the food truck owner was fatally shot during a robbery. The victim -- identified as Lorenzo Juan Vasqez, 53 -- was dead by the time emergency responders arrived.
Detectives do not have much information on the suspects. They are described only as two Hispanic males. The suspects fled the scene and remain at large.
Officials said Vasqez's wife was there, but she was not injured. It's unclear whether anything was stolen.
Anyone with information on this crime can call HCSO at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW 13 min ago
- Are you too good looking to get a date? 8 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'