Woman's body found on I-45 southbound at Allen Parkway, highway blocked at I-10
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Interstate 45 southbound at I-10 was shut down for several hours Saturday night. At least one person was dead at the scene, but investigators are still trying to piece together what happened.
The Houston Police Department was called after the body was reported on I-45 at Allen Parkway around 8:15pm. The Houston Fire Department and HPD Homicide were dispatched to the scene as well.
According to police, the woman was found dead on the highway. It's unclear whether she jumped, was pushed or was ejected from a vehicle.
In addition to all southbound lanes, all of the feeder lanes below the freeway were blocked as well while police investigated.
The roadway was reopened around 11pm.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 18 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 19 min ago
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt 12 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 58 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns