Woman's body found on I-45 southbound at Allen Parkway, highway blocked at I-10
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Interstate 45 southbound at I-10 was shut down for several hours Saturday night. At least one person was dead at the scene, but investigators are still trying to piece together what happened.
The Houston Police Department was called after the body was reported on I-45 at Allen Parkway around 8:15pm. The Houston Fire Department and HPD Homicide were dispatched to the scene as well.
According to police, the woman was found dead on the highway. It's unclear whether she jumped, was pushed or was ejected from a vehicle.
In addition to all southbound lanes, all of the feeder lanes below the freeway were blocked as well while police investigated.
The roadway was reopened around 11pm.
Please stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck 57 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 13 min ago
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire 15 min ago
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan 6 min ago
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive