Paramedics chase down hit-and-run driver in west Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two paramedics were forced to call 911 after the driver of a pickup truck allegedly hit their ambulance in west Houston and then threatened them.
It happened along Fountainview Road near Westheimer. The paramedics were returning to the fire station after being out on a call when a suspected drunk driver ran straight into the side of the ambulance.
The suspect then drove off and that's when the paramedics gave chase. This short pursuit started at Fountainview and Delores and after following for several blocks, the paramedics were able to pull up next to the suspect at Fountainview and Westheimer.
According to police, the man got out of his truck and started threatening the paramedics. Luckily, another ambulance and its crew heard what was happening and came to their aid. The paramedics were able to hold the suspect down until police arrived.
The suspect was given a field sobriety test and arrested. There is no word on what charges that man is facing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!