New VA outpatient clinic opens in Tomball
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- It's been five years in the making but now veterans will get the special care they deserve in the Tomball area.
Many veterans attended today's ribbon cutting event at 10am.
The approximately 30,000-square foot clinic was formally known as Klein's Super Market building. The state-of-the-art clinic will help provide a wide range of treatments to veterans, including mental health services.
Tomball is home to about 40,000 veterans and 8,000 have already registered for services at the new facility.
Doctors say the location of the hospital will make it easier for veterans to have access to the care they need.
"It means a lot to the community. We don't have to drive all the way into Houston or into Conroe for their VA clinic. It gives the veterans here more access and probably more availability for their appointments," said Sheila Shulte, retired from U.S. Army.
The VA Medical Center in Tomball will officially open its doors of its new outpatient clinic on October 15. The clinic will be open Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
tomball, local, sonia azad
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents beaten to death 54 min ago
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees
- Jailer accused of sneaking smokes, snacks
- Former Houston cop facing drug charges 39 min ago
- Madison students on alert after reported abduction
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses
- Big reward for sex assault suspect who missed court date
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire