Crash involving suspected drunk driver lands 3 in hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A crash last night in northeast Harris County involving a suspected drunk driver sent three people to the hospital.
It happened on FM 1960 near the FM 1960 bypass. Deputies say the driver of a Chevy Cobalt slammed into the driver's side of a pickup truck. The 18-year-old driver of the pickup was not hurt.
Investigators say the driver of the Cobalt is being tested for intoxication. There were three women inside the car and all of them were sent to the hospital.
"It was occupied by three females," said Sgt. Dan Drake with the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "The driver and the front passenger, both adults, were in stable condition. The rear seat passenger was a female and she was evacuated by Life Flight."
The woman airlifted to the hospital is listed in serious condition. Authorities say pending the outcome of the test, the driver of the car could be facing a charge of intoxication assault.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom 35 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County 41 min ago
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Malaysia: No debris at spot shown on China images
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers 25 min ago
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry