Tomball police: Burglary suspects posed as utility workers, caught with $70,000 in jewelry
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- Police say three people have been arrested after trying to steal from a woman in Tomball.
It happened around 8pm in the 1300 block of Huffsmith.
They say one suspect told the woman he was a utility worker and lured her into her backyard, while two accomplices went inside and stole some $70,000 worth of jewelry.
Neighbors saw them go inside and called police.
Officers got there and arrested 46-year-old Tony Peres, 33-year-old George Peres and a third man, whose identity is not yet known. All three are being charged with burglary of a habitation; however, a court date has not been set.
Anyone with information regarding the last man's identity is asked to contact police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat