Mid-air scare forces Florida-bound plane to land in Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Southwest Airlines plane bound for Florida was forced to make an emergency landing in Houston after it started experiencing a pressurization problem.
Flight 2896 landed safely at Hobby Airport around 6pm. The plane had departed from Austin and was heading to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, when the pressure suddenly decreased and the oxygen masks dropped.
Southwest Airlines says 140 passengers and five crew members were aboard the plane at the time, but none of them were injured.
Southwest says it still does not know what caused the pressure to drop and is still inspecting the plane.
The passengers were placed on another flight for Fort Lauderdale.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible this morning 5 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 12 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- 1 dead, 1 injured in double drive-by shooting 31 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston 19 min ago
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested 25 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 56 min ago
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
4 min ago