Authorities raid at least 10 businesses across Houston area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Federal, state and local agents and deputies swarmed over southern and southeastern Houston, serving search and arrest warrants in a coordinated sweep of almost a dozen locations that included nightspots.
SkyEye HD was over one scene in southeast Houston as authorities raided the Nuevo Amanecer night club on Telephone Road and Moline Street.
Authorities would not detail why they raided the place, but say the business was not the only target of the raid.
The FBI, Harris County Sheriff's Office, Homeland Security, Texas Department of Public Safety, Houston Police Department and the IRS were all involved in the raid.
"You see the ladies just jump in the cars. That's how it is around here," neighbor Frank Martinez said.
Neighbors at the scene described how it all unfolded.
"I just seen a whole bunch of girls come out and they got two guys that were sitting over there," neighbor Maribel Del Rio said.
Those who live nearby say whatever crimes may have occurred. They hope this raid puts an end to it.
"Something that wasn't supposed to be going on," Del Rio said.
"When you have families, it ain't cool to have this stuff around here," Martinez said.
FBI Special Agent Shauna Dunlap says the reasons for the warrants were still under court seal Thursday night and would remain secret until suspects make their initial court appearances Friday before a federal magistrate in Houston.
The Associated Press contributed to this report
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, christine dobbyn
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels 4 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be? 26 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 9 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'