Conroe ISD teacher faces serious sex charges
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- A Conroe ISD teacher is on administrative leave, facing serious sex charges.
Harold Gregory Goodrum is charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child and improper relationship between educator and student, according to charging documents from the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.
Conroe ISD Spokeswoman Lisa Meeks says the alleged attacks happened three years ago with a child who has no connection to the school district.
Goodrum has been a sixth grade language arts and social studies teacher with Conroe ISD since 2008. Meeks did not specify which campus he worked at.
Meeks says he is currently on administrative leave, pending termination.
"Conroe ISD Police Department is working with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office and the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office on this investigation," Meeks said in a prepared statement.
Anyone who may have relevant information is encouraged to contact Detective T. Gordy with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office at 281-297-6516.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Joy ride turns tragic for Conroe teens
- Two dead in NW Houston nursing home shooting 15 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes 56 min ago
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face 50 min ago
- Woman says used car's sweet deal turned sour
- Volunteer fire chief dies while battling Brazoria Co. fire