Gang bosses ordered slaying of teen whose body was found dumped in Sam Houston National Forest
HOUSTON -- Superiors in the MS-13 street gang ordered three members to kill and mutilate a 16-year-old fellow member whose body was dumped north of Houston last month.
According to reports, Josael Guevara was killed in a "relation strike among the MS-13."
Capt. Tim Whitecotton of the Walker County Sheriff's Office said Guevara "somehow made the higher-ups mad."
His body was discovered in Sam Houston National Forest on Sept. 23, and 22-year-old Cristian Zamora was arrested the same day.
On Oct. 3, Jose Bonilla-Romero, 17, was arrested, and 18-year-old Ricardo Lara was arrested Monday. All three have been charged with murder.
Whitecotton said the killers used a machete, the MS-13's weapon of choice, according to the FBI.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 57 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'