Gang bosses ordered slaying of teen whose body was found dumped in Sam Houston National Forest
HOUSTON -- Superiors in the MS-13 street gang ordered three members to kill and mutilate a 16-year-old fellow member whose body was dumped north of Houston last month.
According to reports, Josael Guevara was killed in a "relation strike among the MS-13."
Capt. Tim Whitecotton of the Walker County Sheriff's Office said Guevara "somehow made the higher-ups mad."
His body was discovered in Sam Houston National Forest on Sept. 23, and 22-year-old Cristian Zamora was arrested the same day.
On Oct. 3, Jose Bonilla-Romero, 17, was arrested, and 18-year-old Ricardo Lara was arrested Monday. All three have been charged with murder.
Whitecotton said the killers used a machete, the MS-13's weapon of choice, according to the FBI.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games 1 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards