Gang bosses ordered slaying of teen whose body was found dumped in Sam Houston National Forest
HOUSTON -- Superiors in the MS-13 street gang ordered three members to kill and mutilate a 16-year-old fellow member whose body was dumped north of Houston last month.
According to reports, Josael Guevara was killed in a "relation strike among the MS-13."
Capt. Tim Whitecotton of the Walker County Sheriff's Office said Guevara "somehow made the higher-ups mad."
His body was discovered in Sam Houston National Forest on Sept. 23, and 22-year-old Cristian Zamora was arrested the same day.
On Oct. 3, Jose Bonilla-Romero, 17, was arrested, and 18-year-old Ricardo Lara was arrested Monday. All three have been charged with murder.
Whitecotton said the killers used a machete, the MS-13's weapon of choice, according to the FBI.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Police: Rapper incited riot at SXSW
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school 49 min ago
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter 44 min ago
- Teen arrested after allegedly racing illegally