Gang bosses ordered slaying of teen whose body was found dumped in Sam Houston National Forest
HOUSTON -- Superiors in the MS-13 street gang ordered three members to kill and mutilate a 16-year-old fellow member whose body was dumped north of Houston last month.
According to reports, Josael Guevara was killed in a "relation strike among the MS-13."
Capt. Tim Whitecotton of the Walker County Sheriff's Office said Guevara "somehow made the higher-ups mad."
His body was discovered in Sam Houston National Forest on Sept. 23, and 22-year-old Cristian Zamora was arrested the same day.
On Oct. 3, Jose Bonilla-Romero, 17, was arrested, and 18-year-old Ricardo Lara was arrested Monday. All three have been charged with murder.
Whitecotton said the killers used a machete, the MS-13's weapon of choice, according to the FBI.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security 41 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal 15 min ago
- Video: Preparing for canonization of Popes John...
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 20 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20 28 min ago
- Sleeping girl killed after car drives into home
- Police: Man pelted woman at egg decorating party