Water main break causes water outage in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A large water main break in southwest Houston left residents in the area without water much of Sunday.
The water main break was reported around noon Sunday on Fondren and West Airport.
A city of Houston employee wasn't sure how many homes were affected by the water outage but said it was significant.
"It's a very large main that they're trying to repair," the city employee said.
Crews initially estimated it would take five hours to repair, but it ended up taking about 12 hours. They had it fixed by around midnight.
No additional details were released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders