Houston man sentenced for beating woman with electrical cord
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 30-year-old man was sentenced to 180 days in jail today after he pled guilty to whipping his girlfriend with an electrical cord.
According to court documents, on April 13, Ruben Revuelta went to his girlfriend's apartment complex in the 2000 block of Ojeman and accused her of cheating on him. Police say Revuelta forced her into her apartment and the two started to argue. The victim told police that Revuelta grabbed a vacuum electrical cord and wrapped it around his hand like a belt, and began whipping her.
Police say the woman screamed for help and the suspect assaulted her for about 10 minutes and only stopped because he became exhausted. The woman eventually was able to get out of the apartment and ran to a nearby apartment complex, where police were called.
Police say the woman suffered welts and red marks on her face, arms, chest, legs and back.
Revuelta was originally charged with aggravated assault, but pled guilty to the lesser charge of assault family violence.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston