Houston man sentenced for beating woman with electrical cord
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 30-year-old man was sentenced to 180 days in jail today after he pled guilty to whipping his girlfriend with an electrical cord.
According to court documents, on April 13, Ruben Revuelta went to his girlfriend's apartment complex in the 2000 block of Ojeman and accused her of cheating on him. Police say Revuelta forced her into her apartment and the two started to argue. The victim told police that Revuelta grabbed a vacuum electrical cord and wrapped it around his hand like a belt, and began whipping her.
Police say the woman screamed for help and the suspect assaulted her for about 10 minutes and only stopped because he became exhausted. The woman eventually was able to get out of the apartment and ran to a nearby apartment complex, where police were called.
Police say the woman suffered welts and red marks on her face, arms, chest, legs and back.
Revuelta was originally charged with aggravated assault, but pled guilty to the lesser charge of assault family violence.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- North Loop WB at Highway 290 shut down due to lost load 44 min ago
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- HISD expanding dual language program
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?