Home invaders allegedly cock gun at toddler who called them 'monsters'
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives are investigating a terrifying home invasion in north Harris County. Guys with guns stormed a family's house, and eyewitnesses say at one point, they held a gun on a child.
It happened at a home on Monteith and Whitaker Way.
According to the homeowner, two strangers came to her house twice earlier, asking for the homeowner's teenage daughter, but she was at school. The third time, they came back with masks and a gun. An older daughter was visiting with her 2-year-old baby. She and the child were by themselves when the intruders burst in.
"They cocked the gun at my two-year-old grandbaby because she was screaming because she would say 'monsters' -- that's what she would call them, 'monsters,'" homeowner Cherie Harrison said.
"I just didn't want him to shoot my baby. She was screaming. That's why he had it to her face," said the gir's mother, Taylor Harrison.
Harrison says the suspects also put the gun in her face.
The suspects made off with several thousands dollars worth of electronics.
The family believes that because the suspects asked for the teenage daughter by name that she may know them from school. But they were wearing masks. One was wearing what appeared to be a Lone Ranger or Zoro-type mask, while the other wore a Halloween mask. Both were wearing hoodies.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, deborah wrigley
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders