Camera captures attack on group of cyclists in Magnolia
MAGNOLIA, TX (KTRK) -- A bat is pulled after an argument breaks out between a driver and a cyclist, and the confrontation was all caught on video.
It happened near the intersection of Lake Forest Drive and old Conroe Road in Magnolia.
It's not unusual for cyclists to ride down Lake Forest Drive. They've been doing it for more than a decade, but they've never been run off the road like this.
Cell phone video shows 74-year-old Sherman Clark confronting a group of cyclists.
"Absolutely crazy," said one of those cyclists was, Steve Schoger.
Schoger says during his group's Thursday "Mt. Vernon" ride, Clark began driving aggressively towards the riders.
"A pick up truck comes up from behind us, and he rolls down his window and says something to the effect of get out of my neighborhood, get out of my street," he said.
A photo shows one of the cyclists on the ground after being run off the road. According to investigators, Clark got in front of another cyclist.
"Immediately stomps on his break just like that and Rick has no where to go. He bangs in the back of the pickup truck," Schoger said.
With two bikers down, Clark stopped his truck and grabbed his bat.
Clark then gets back into his truck and floors it, coming just inches from a cyclists, and crushing his $5,000 bike.
Police arrested Clark on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and a felony charge of criminal mischief.
"I don't know if he needs Jesus, he needs counseling?" Schoger said.
What he will need now will be an attorney. The district attorney's office said they will be presenting this case to a grand jury in the coming weeks.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids 52 min ago
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today