San Marcos love triangle murder victim Hailey Nicholls laid to rest in Humble
SAN MARCOS, TX (KTRK) -- A 22-year-old woman who was murdered in her San Marcos apartment was laid to rest Saturday night.
It was a full house as more than 100 of Hailey Nicholls' friends and family members gathered to remember her life and mourn her death. She was shot and killed along with 27-year old Jesse Robledo early Thursday morning.
According to police, the shooter was the Kingwood native's ex-boyfriend, Daniel Stillwell. The two attended college in San Marcos.
After the shootings, police say Stillwell drove off of a cliff and died.
Nicholls' family and friends remember her for her loving spirit. The pastor who gave the eulogy said her death is out of sequence and that parents and grandparents shouldn't have to bury their children.
The pastor told those who attended that the killing broke the 6th commandment, and this act will test their faith.
He gave a special prayer to Nicholls' identical twin sister, Shelby.
We spoke to Nicholls' mother and father Thursday night. They said their hearts and prayers go out to the other two families who also lost their children.
- New details in case of women found dead by dumpster 7 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 45 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 22 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 29 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game 38 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store