Firefighter injured while battling blaze near downtown Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A firefighter was injured while battling flames at an overnight house fire near downtown Houston.
It happened at a home on Caroline near McIlhenny just before 1:30am Sunday.
The entire home was up in flames when crews arrived, but no one was inside.
Houston Fire Department officials said one firefighter twisted an ankle while trying to put out the blaze. That firefighter was sent to an area hospital as a precaution and later released.
The house was destroyed. There is no word yet on what caused the fire.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Bodies of two women found in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 7 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 2 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal