Firefighter injured while battling blaze near downtown Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A firefighter was injured while battling flames at an overnight house fire near downtown Houston.
It happened at a home on Caroline near McIlhenny just before 1:30am Sunday.
The entire home was up in flames when crews arrived, but no one was inside.
Houston Fire Department officials said one firefighter twisted an ankle while trying to put out the blaze. That firefighter was sent to an area hospital as a precaution and later released.
The house was destroyed. There is no word yet on what caused the fire.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Severe weather possible this morning 50 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 22 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 28 min ago
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?