Woman leads police on chase from Baytown to Montgomery Co.
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- A woman is in custody after a wild 15-mile chase that that started in Baytown Sunday.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, Michelle Fiala, 37, fought with a loss prevention officer at a local business and then took off. Baytown police found her and attempted to stop her, but she didn't comply.
According to investigators, Fiala drove west on I-10 until she made it to the 610 Loop, then went north on 59 with Harris County deputies and Baytown police pursuing her.
She made it to Montgomery County, which is where Montgomery County deputies and Houston police joined in the chase.
Fiala then exited the freeway at Northpark Drive, drove over the median and turned east on Knox Street. That's where she lost control, struck a mailbox and slid into a ditch.
She then reportedly fled from the car and was trying to get to a wooded area. A deputy ordered her to stop. She didn't and the deputy deployed his Taser to take her down.
Fiala faces charges of robbery and felony evading.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast 38 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?