Arrest made in capital murder of food truck owner in northwest Harris County; Second suspect remains at large
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There has been an arrest in the recent murder of a food truck owner in northwest Harris County.
The Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force arrested John Ray Aycock on Monday for the capital murder of Lorenzo Juan Vasqez, 53.
Investigators are still looking for a second suspect, identified as Adrian Gomez.
Vasquez was shot and killed during a robbery at his taco truck on October 12.
According to officials, Aycock told police the shooting was not part of their "plan." He and Gomez had reportedly robbed another food truck earlier in the day.
Aycock allagedly told investigators that Gomez shot and killed Vasqez. Officials said Aycock then decided to stay at the scene, where he claimed to be a witness who was placing an order when the shooting happened.
Anyone with information on Gomez's whereabouts is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS or the Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide Division at 713-967-5810
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, erik barajas
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 13 min ago
- Photos: Jaguars 24, Texans 20 (4) 19 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Strong winter storm threatens to paralyze N. Texas 23 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs?
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight 22 min ago
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Maybe he should have hidden pot elsewhere