Arrest made in capital murder of food truck owner in northwest Harris County; Second suspect remains at large
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There has been an arrest in the recent murder of a food truck owner in northwest Harris County.
The Gulf Coast Violent Offenders Task Force arrested John Ray Aycock on Monday for the capital murder of Lorenzo Juan Vasqez, 53.
Investigators are still looking for a second suspect, identified as Adrian Gomez.
Vasquez was shot and killed during a robbery at his taco truck on October 12.
According to officials, Aycock told police the shooting was not part of their "plan." He and Gomez had reportedly robbed another food truck earlier in the day.
Aycock allagedly told investigators that Gomez shot and killed Vasqez. Officials said Aycock then decided to stay at the scene, where he claimed to be a witness who was placing an order when the shooting happened.
Anyone with information on Gomez's whereabouts is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS or the Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide Division at 713-967-5810
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, erik barajas
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 49 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 57 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 8 min ago
- Dying child receives experimental drug 23 min ago
- First the wind, then the cold 53 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case