Search for suspect continues following home invasion in Spring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One person is in custody in connection with a violent home invasion last night. Investigators say two men forced their way into a home in north Harris County and attacked the homeowner.
It happened just after 10:30pm at a home off Bell Chase and Old Carriage Lane. The homeowner was tied up and beaten inside. He was taken to a hospital with unknown injuries, but has since been released.
Neighbors we spoke with say they didn't hear any disturbance last night, but realized there was a problem when the house was surrounded by law enforcement.
"I didn't hear a peep of anything," said neighbor Karen Fucile.
Authorities say a second person inside the home at the time of the incident was able to escape to a neighbor's home and call 911.
Deputy constables arrived quickly to the home where they were able to arrest one suspect. The other suspect managed to get away. With one man still on the run, Fucile tells Eyewitness News it's concerning.
"It's scary. It makes you rethink your safety," Fucille said. "We moved here because it was a nice quiet neighborhood. That was 10 years ago."
"Two armed suspects entered the residence. They held the complainant down, physically restrained him and caused harm to him," said Sgt. Rico Castillo with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
"Someone told me they have some illegal activity going over there, so I don't know if that' true or not," said neighbor Arnold Morales.
Investigators took an adult male and female into custody on possession charges. We're told several people were inside the home at the time of this incident and more charges could follow.
"It doesn't matter where you're at on this end of Spring. It's just not as safe as it used to be," said a neighbor who didn't want to be identified.
"You have to watch out for yourself and all the neighbors, we really do watch out for each other," said another neighbor.
Deputies described the one suspect who ran off as a white male in his 20s to 30s. He remains on the run.
Investigators say they were working on securing a narcotics search warrant for the home but they wouldn't not into further details. It's unclear at this point whether or not the homeowner will be taken into custody and whether or not he is facing any charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico 19 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038