Search for suspect continues following home invasion in Spring
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One person is in custody in connection with a violent home invasion last night. Investigators say two men forced their way into a home in north Harris County and attacked the homeowner.
It happened just after 10:30pm at a home off Bell Chase and Old Carriage Lane. The homeowner was tied up and beaten inside. He was taken to a hospital with unknown injuries, but has since been released.
Neighbors we spoke with say they didn't hear any disturbance last night, but realized there was a problem when the house was surrounded by law enforcement.
"I didn't hear a peep of anything," said neighbor Karen Fucile.
Authorities say a second person inside the home at the time of the incident was able to escape to a neighbor's home and call 911.
Deputy constables arrived quickly to the home where they were able to arrest one suspect. The other suspect managed to get away. With one man still on the run, Fucile tells Eyewitness News it's concerning.
"It's scary. It makes you rethink your safety," Fucille said. "We moved here because it was a nice quiet neighborhood. That was 10 years ago."
"Two armed suspects entered the residence. They held the complainant down, physically restrained him and caused harm to him," said Sgt. Rico Castillo with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
"Someone told me they have some illegal activity going over there, so I don't know if that' true or not," said neighbor Arnold Morales.
Investigators took an adult male and female into custody on possession charges. We're told several people were inside the home at the time of this incident and more charges could follow.
"It doesn't matter where you're at on this end of Spring. It's just not as safe as it used to be," said a neighbor who didn't want to be identified.
"You have to watch out for yourself and all the neighbors, we really do watch out for each other," said another neighbor.
Deputies described the one suspect who ran off as a white male in his 20s to 30s. He remains on the run.
Investigators say they were working on securing a narcotics search warrant for the home but they wouldn't not into further details. It's unclear at this point whether or not the homeowner will be taken into custody and whether or not he is facing any charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 34 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 1 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- SpaceX launches supplies to space station 15 min ago
- Easter on 4/20, pot holy day; pastors reach out 32 min ago
- University overstated fiscal health by some $23M 42 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows