Fight over Lone Star card turns into SWAT scene in southeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is facing charges after a fight over a Lone Star card last night led to a SWAT team being called in.
It happened at the Crescent City apartments on Broadway and Rockhill.
Police say the man pulled out a gun and started firing to get two women to stop fighting over a Lone Star card. According to authorities, he hit one of the women, but she managed to get away.
Officers say the shooter and a woman ran into his apartment and refused to come out, so they called a SWAT team. After a few hours both people gave up and were taken into custody.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse