Shots fired during armored truck robbery attempt
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Shots were fired this morning outside a northwest Harris County bank, but it appears no one was hurt in the robbery attempt.
Two masked men approached the armored truck as the driver was making a delivery on Louetta at Kuykendahl at about 9:30am. We understand at least nine shots were fired, some of them striking vehicles parked nearby. There were no injuries reported.
We're told the suspects were wearing military style clothing and carrying rifles. Another suspect was waiting for the gunmen in a vehicle. All three were last seen driving southbound on Kuykendahl in a black Lexus.
This is the third robbery at a bank in the area in the last two months. One happened down the street just four days ago. Authorities say although it's too early to determine if these crimes are connected, they are worried the suspects violent tactics will increase in nature.
FBI spokespeson Shauna Dunlap said, "The violence that we are seeing during these, that's something that is concerning us at the FBI and all of law enforcement."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home