Shots fired during armored truck robbery attempt
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Shots were fired this morning outside a northwest Harris County bank, but it appears no one was hurt in the robbery attempt.
Two masked men approached the armored truck as the driver was making a delivery on Louetta at Kuykendahl at about 9:30am. We understand at least nine shots were fired, some of them striking vehicles parked nearby. There were no injuries reported.
We're told the suspects were wearing military style clothing and carrying rifles. Another suspect was waiting for the gunmen in a vehicle. All three were last seen driving southbound on Kuykendahl in a black Lexus.
This is the third robbery at a bank in the area in the last two months. One happened down the street just four days ago. Authorities say although it's too early to determine if these crimes are connected, they are worried the suspects violent tactics will increase in nature.
FBI spokespeson Shauna Dunlap said, "The violence that we are seeing during these, that's something that is concerning us at the FBI and all of law enforcement."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 1 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest