Shots fired during armored truck robbery attempt
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Shots were fired this morning outside a northwest Harris County bank, but it appears no one was hurt in the robbery attempt.
Two masked men approached the armored truck as the driver was making a delivery on Louetta at Kuykendahl at about 9:30am. We understand at least nine shots were fired, some of them striking vehicles parked nearby. There were no injuries reported.
We're told the suspects were wearing military style clothing and carrying rifles. Another suspect was waiting for the gunmen in a vehicle. All three were last seen driving southbound on Kuykendahl in a black Lexus.
This is the third robbery at a bank in the area in the last two months. One happened down the street just four days ago. Authorities say although it's too early to determine if these crimes are connected, they are worried the suspects violent tactics will increase in nature.
FBI spokespeson Shauna Dunlap said, "The violence that we are seeing during these, that's something that is concerning us at the FBI and all of law enforcement."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 28 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 26 min ago
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 12 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie