Shots fired during armored truck robbery attempt
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Shots were fired this morning outside a northwest Harris County bank, but it appears no one was hurt in the robbery attempt.
Two masked men approached the armored truck as the driver was making a delivery on Louetta at Kuykendahl at about 9:30am. We understand at least nine shots were fired, some of them striking vehicles parked nearby. There were no injuries reported.
We're told the suspects were wearing military style clothing and carrying rifles. Another suspect was waiting for the gunmen in a vehicle. All three were last seen driving southbound on Kuykendahl in a black Lexus.
This is the third robbery at a bank in the area in the last two months. One happened down the street just four days ago. Authorities say although it's too early to determine if these crimes are connected, they are worried the suspects violent tactics will increase in nature.
FBI spokespeson Shauna Dunlap said, "The violence that we are seeing during these, that's something that is concerning us at the FBI and all of law enforcement."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 6 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role 46 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
31 min ago