Shots fired during armored truck robbery attempt
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Shots were fired this morning outside a northwest Harris County bank, but it appears no one was hurt in the robbery attempt.
Two masked men approached the armored truck as the driver was making a delivery on Louetta at Kuykendahl at about 9:30am. We understand at least nine shots were fired, some of them striking vehicles parked nearby. There were no injuries reported.
We're told the suspects were wearing military style clothing and carrying rifles. Another suspect was waiting for the gunmen in a vehicle. All three were last seen driving southbound on Kuykendahl in a black Lexus.
This is the third robbery at a bank in the area in the last two months. One happened down the street just four days ago. Authorities say although it's too early to determine if these crimes are connected, they are worried the suspects violent tactics will increase in nature.
FBI spokespeson Shauna Dunlap said, "The violence that we are seeing during these, that's something that is concerning us at the FBI and all of law enforcement."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged 16 min ago
- Two bodies found in rubble of burned down home 39 min ago
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her 35 min ago
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan 5 min ago
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty 55 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos