Will 'Dome-Mobile' save the Astrodome?
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's a moving effort to save the Astrodome.
A billboard on wheels is traveling around the Bayou City inviting citizens to share their memories of the Eighth Wonder of the World.
The Save the Dome Coalition will tour the Dome-Mobile through next Tuesday, November 5, which is election day. The idea is to give voters an opportunity to experience the history of the Dome before heading to the polls to help decide its future.
Inside the truck, visitors can walk on Astroturf, watch videos and leave messages about their Dome memories.
Right now, the Dome-Mobile is parked at One Shell Plaza through 8pm. Here is a list of where it will be in the next couple of weeks.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Rice defeats Marshall in C-USA championship
- 4.5 magnitude earthquake rattles central Oklahoma
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns 47 min ago
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 35 min ago
- Ice stalls sections of I-35 in North Texas 4 min ago
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea 48 min ago
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Winter ice storm moves north
21 min ago
- Fighting cancer like the common cold
18 min ago