Overturned big rig shuts down SB lanes of South Post Oak
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's a traffic alert to let you know about this morning. All southbound lanes of South Post Oak at West Bellfort are closed down due to an overturned big rig.
The accident happened after 4am between the Loop and West Bellfort.
According to authorities, an O'Reilly Auto Parts truck driver apparently lost control and slammed into a guard rail. A HazMat crew is on the scene because fuel spilled onto the roadway. The cleanup process was expected to last until 9am.
There is no word of any injuries.
At this point, we don't know what caused the accident, but keep checking our live traffic map on our free mobile apps and on abc13.com. And stay with Eyewitness News this Morning for the very latest on the shutdown.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby 47 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 31 min ago
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally 31 min ago
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years 8 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 15 min ago
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest 19 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash