Houston woman files suit against "50 Cent" over photograph
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston photographer has filed suit against a famous rapper, claiming he used a photograph she created, without permission.
Jennifer Stetson, also known as Vara Pappas, filed a copyright infringement suit against Curtis Jackson, known as "50 Cent." According to the suit, filed in federal court in Houston, Stetson created the photograph, called 'Claudia,' in early 2012 and later copyrighted the picture.
The suit claims that after she received her copyright, the rap star infringed on the copyright by publishing and reproducing the photo on his website www.thisis50.com.
According to the suit, Stetson notified "50 Cent" that the use of the picture was unauthorized but he continues to use the picture "causing irreparable damage."
Stetson is asking the court to enjoin Jackson from using the photograph, and for statutory damages.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns