Houston woman files suit against "50 Cent" over photograph
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston photographer has filed suit against a famous rapper, claiming he used a photograph she created, without permission.
Jennifer Stetson, also known as Vara Pappas, filed a copyright infringement suit against Curtis Jackson, known as "50 Cent." According to the suit, filed in federal court in Houston, Stetson created the photograph, called 'Claudia,' in early 2012 and later copyrighted the picture.
The suit claims that after she received her copyright, the rap star infringed on the copyright by publishing and reproducing the photo on his website www.thisis50.com.
According to the suit, Stetson notified "50 Cent" that the use of the picture was unauthorized but he continues to use the picture "causing irreparable damage."
Stetson is asking the court to enjoin Jackson from using the photograph, and for statutory damages.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class 22 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch? 18 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble 50 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car